Kia Announces Stinger Tribute Edition
Kia Canada announced that there will be a special edition model of its popular Stinger: The Stinger Tribute Edition.
With an exclusive 1,000 units of this model to be built globally, the Tribute Edition pays homage to everything the vehicle has done for the brand. At its inception, it was designed as a true gran turismo that redefined Kia through its athletic confidence and bold stance.
“No vehicle put Kia Canada on the map quite like the Stinger,” said Elias El-Achhab, chief operating officer at Kia Canada. “It was the catalyst that elevated the Kia brand through performance and design. Now, the spirit of Stinger evolves for enthusiasts with this special edition.”
The Stinger marked several firsts for Kia Canada. The 2018 edition featured a 3.3-litre twin turbo engine and was the first vehicle to be made eligible for pre-orders; was Kia’s first sedan to be available with all-wheel drive; and was the first Kia product to win The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada’s (AJAC) Canadian Car of the Year in 2019.
Additionally, the Stinger was the first Kia product developed on the Nürburgring, tallying over 9,600 km on the track, which was followed by extensive winter testing in the Article Circle in Sweden and the California Proving Grounds.
“Kia’s most intense detail driven engineering, research and development efforts went into the Stinger,” continued El-Achhab. “We started with the GT concept vehicle and now Stinger is an integral part of Kia’s successful history in Canada.”
Building off the 3.3-litre turbo GT-Elite AWD model, the Stinger Tribute Edition will be adorned with several finishes:
- Exclusive Moonscape matte grey exterior paint
- Distinctive high gloss black side mirrors
- Dark chrome finish on the fenders, complementing the new glossy black lightweight 19-inch wheels
- Black Brembo calipers with bold red lettering
- New Terracotta Brown interior seating surfaces, brown stitching accents throughout the cabin and matte carbon touches on the upper console panel
- A Tribute emblem integrated seamlessly into the headrest
- Each vehicle receives a numbered doorstep plate