Toyota Announces Extension to Safety Connect and Service Connect Trials
Toyota has announced the availability of Safety Connect, a suite of services that help drivers stay secure while on the road. It is now available with an extended trial period to customers of select Toyota models. The suite of available services includes 24-hour emergency assistance, 24-hour enhanced roadside assistance, automatic collision notification, and stolen vehicle locator.
“We are constantly looking at ways to offer our customers enhanced driving experiences,” said Steve Basra, group vice-president, Connected Technologies, Toyota Motor North America. “With our new extended trial for Safety Connect and Service Connect, a wide range of services enable Toyota owners to enjoy more peace of mind when behind the wheel.”
Toyota’s Safety Connect suite of services includes:
- Emergency Assistance: The vehicle’s Emergency Assistance Button is designed to offer drivers a simple, 24-hour connection to response centre agents, who can request dispatch of necessary emergency services directly to the vehicle’s location in case of a medical or other emergency on the road.
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance: With the added benefit of GPS technology, drivers can use the Emergency Assistance button to conveniently connect with the standard warranty-based Roadside Assistance and have help sent to their exact location.
- Automatic Collision Notification: Toyota’s 24-hour response centre will automatically be notified in the event of an airbag deployment or severe collision. The 24-hour response centre agent will attempt to speak with the vehicle’s occupants, then notify local emergency services to request dispatch of emergency services to the vehicle’s location.
- Stolen Vehicle Locator: If a vehicle is stolen, our response centre agents can assist authorities in locating the vehicle using GPS technology immediately after filing a police report.
Toyota’s Service Connect suite of features includes:
- Vehicle Health Report:Important information about the vehicle, such as recall and service campaigns, vehicle warnings and alerts, maintenance information can easily be accessed via the Toyota app or sent to the owner’s email.
- Vehicle Maintenance Alert:Should an owner opt for this service; vehicle alerts and maintenance alerts can be shared with a preferred dealer. The dealer can then contact the customer when service is required.
Toyota owners can manage their Connected Services through the Toyota app. Toyota app downloads are available for iPhone or Android smartphones.
*The Safety Connect and Service Connect suite of services will be available with up to a 10-year trial (4G Network dependent) for owners of select 2023 Toyota vehicles equipped with the new generation Toyota Multimedia System. Vehicles include the following Toyota models:
- 2023 Corolla
- 2023 Corolla Hatchback
- 2023 Corolla Cross
- 2023 Crown
- 2023 GR Corolla
- 2023 Highlander
- 2023 RAV4
- 2023 Sequoia
- 2022-2023 Tundra
- 2023 Venza
The 2022 Tundra also will receive extended trial periods for Safety Connect and Service Connect at no extra cost (less the in-service date). Additional eligible models may be announced at a later date. The Safety Connect and Service Connect trial periods begin on the original date of purchase or lease of a new vehicle.