Nissan’s 2017 Pathfinder on sale in late August sports a sticker price starting at $32,498.
The Nissan considers the Pathfinder, one of its best-known and most popular nameplates in its nearly 30-year Canadian history.
The automaker calls the 2017 version “reborn … with more adventure capability, a freshened exterior look and enhanced safety and technology – pure Pathfinder taken to an even higher level of performance, technology and style.”
The revisions to Pathfinder come as part of Nissan’s “Year of the Truck” – a comprehensive freshening of the brand’s truck lineup, including an all-new TITAN full-size pickup and Armada SUV.
• A redesigned front end with signature boomerang-shaped headlights with LED daytime running lights, available LED headlights, “V-Motion” grille and a more aggressive hood.
• New 3.5-litre, direct injection gas V6 engine, rated at 284 hp – up from the previous 260 hp.
• Maximum towing capacity increased by 1,000 pounds to a class-leading 6,000 pounds when properly equipped.
• User-friendly features ranging from new motion-activated lift gate to updated vehicle-connected services.
• New advanced driver assistance technology includes forward emergency braking, “intelligent” cruise control and around view monitor with moving object detection.
Pathfinder S 2WD $32,498
Pathfinder S 4WD $35,398
Pathfinder SV 4WD $38,098
Pathfinder SL 4WD $41,098
Pathfinder SL Premium Tech 4WD $44,598
Pathfinder Platinum 4WD $48,398
Destination and handling, $1,795.
All 2017 Pathfinder models are equipped with Nissan’s third-generation Xtronic transmission.
The Xtronic transmission includes D-step logic control, which simulates shifts, giving a more natural acceleration feeling.
“The new Pathfinder power train helps provide real world driving benefits of more responsive acceleration and re-acceleration, such as when entering highways or passing,” Nissan says.
Pathfinder’s attractive interior design includes comfortable seating for seven, along with an innovative EZ flex seating system with latch and glide, a second, row tilt-and-glide seat that allows easy third row access even with a child safety seat installed.
Advanced driver assistance technology includes new forward emergency braking and intelligent cruise control.
For 2017, moving object detection has been added to the available around view monitor. Also offered are blind spot warning and rear cross traffic alert.
The 2017 Pathfinder is available in 2WD and 4WD and in four models: S; S; SL and Platinum.