Toyota Canada started the year off with a record-setting 10, 660 sales in January.
Toyota sales highlights for January 2012 (vs. January 2011) include:
- Total Toyota sales: 9,565 (up 17.2%)
- Toyota car sales: 4,965 (up 13.4%)
- Yaris Hatch sales: 476 (up 188.5%)
- Prius/Prius v sales: 263 (up 176.8%)
- Camry/Camry Hybrid sales: 1,007 (up 168.5%), leads intermediate sedan segment for third month in a row
- Avalon sales: 39 (up 116.7%)
- Toyota truck sales: 4,600 (up 21.6%)
- RAV4 sales: 1,428 (up 34.5%)
- Venza sales: 791 (up 33.2%)
- Tacoma sales: 512 (up 22.8%)
- Sienna sales: 693 (up 18.7%)
- 4Runner sales: 234 (up 16.4%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 501 (up 143.2%)
“We are proud to report TCI’s best January in history, and we thank our customers. Our new 2012 models, including the Toyota Camry, Toyota Yaris Hatch, the all-new Prius v and the updated Tacoma, continue to be popular with Canadians,” said Tony Wearing, senior managing director, Toyota Canada Inc.
“We’re also looking forward to bringing Canadians 18 more new or refreshed vehicles in the coming months.”
Lexus sales also started strong with a number of highlights for January 2012. Total Lexus sales hit 810 (up 11.3%)
Though with little history to compare it to, Scion also had its best ever January with
total Scion sales of 285 (up 75.9%).
“Scion started the year off strong, with our best-ever January, and the all-new Scion iQ was our second-best seller in its first full month of national sales,” noted Larry Hutchinson, senior executive director.
“The introduction of our Release Series vehicles for the xD and tC powered sales of those models. We look forward to building momentum in 2012 with our line-up of highly-customizable, youth-oriented vehicles and our unique sales process.”